Preschool – NOVEMBER
Throughout the month of November we will focus on friends, family and giving thanks. Our dramatic play area will be transformed into a hearty feast from 1620 and today.
English & Language Arts
Multicultural Awareness through Literature
Stories will be read to the children that contain
diverse family dynamics and focus on the meaning of giving thanks and being thankful.
Pre-math and Number Recognition
- Counting the days of the week on the calendar
- Various Art projects that include counting turkey feathers and corn kernels
Science & Technology/Engineering
- Cooking projects that will enhance scientific reasoning.
- Exploration of Native American corn, gourds and pumpkins.
History & Social Studies
¨ Children will learn about our history rich town. The celebration of Thanksgiving during the time of the Pilgrims and Native Americans and how we celebrate today.
- Continue to build our body strength through movement activities, our favorite dancing parties, and yoga.
¨ Children will be involved in a short theatrical production where they will produce, act and design the scenery.
Have a wonderful month celebrating with friends and family.